Sunday, October 25, 2009

Masks

I wondered if I could find some crochet patterns for making masks. Instead of the simple tried-and-true patterns, I stumbled across a freestyle artist, Nicki Hitz Edson, who makes crocheted "sculptures" that can be worn as masks. Wow!!

If you want to check it out, go to http://nhedson.tripod.com/crochet.htm
If you click on any of the pictures, they will enlarge somewhat and you can see what kind of stitches she used in her creations.

After seeing her work, I asked myself, "What can you NOT make with crochet?" I went to Google images and put in "Crochet Sculpture". You wouldn't believe it if I told you. You'll have to see it for yourself.

The long and the short of it is - If you have an imagination and the time to play with the shapes, crochet is incredibly versatile. Maybe you don't have to give flat things as Christmas presents. Why not a crocheted crab or sea coral or...

Happy crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment