Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Two degrees

This morning my husband was watching the news (and I wasn't paying close attention), when I heard in passing something like this "If you lower the temperature in your house two degrees, we'll contribute to such-and-so charity". Maybe it's time to go back to big, fuzzy house sweaters.
The library has sweater patterns in both knit and crochet. Family Circle Easy Sweaters: 50 Knit and Crochet Projects by Trisha Malcolm might be useful in times such as these.
Also Crochet Pattern Central has almost 100 sweater patterns in crochet and, if you switch to the other side, Knitting Pattern Central, there are way more than that. And that's only in the Women's Clothing section. The men have just as many, but not so nicely separated. They have sweaters, vests, and other clothing patterns jumbled together.
When I make a sweater or house robe, I like to make them with three-quarter sleeves so I can cook without getting food on myself or setting the sleeves on fire. Just a thought.
May you dream warm dreams, and happy crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment