Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A Little Yarn Philosophy

I borrowed these from the book Things I Learned from Knitting...Whether I Wanted To or Not by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee:

Beginning is easy, continuing is hard.
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to someone else.
Practice makes perfect. (Although as a teacher, I've discovered that practice makes permanent.)
You can fix almost anything.
If you are patient in one moment of anger, you will escape a hundred days of sorrow.

There's much more to this book, and it's worth reading. I thought that some of these sayings especially apply to these dreary days of January when pulling out our latest yarn project is (usually) such a comfort. Be gentle with yourself and your yarn, and the weather won't matter so much.

Happy crafting.

Kathi

No comments:

Post a Comment