Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Baby Blanket

Image of Soft, Easy Baby Throw

Courtesy of Lion Brand Yarn

Lately, I've worked on three baby blankets with one to go.  This one is an easy pattern for knitting and just as easy for crochet.  You start with one stitch and increase one stitch each row until you get to the diagonal width you want.  It's pretty easy to measure in crochet.  You might have to multiply your stitches per inch in your head if you're a knitter.  If you have the needles and yarn to work four stitches per inch, then multiply four times the number of inches you want for the DIAGONAL measurement. 

I worked on larger needles with two strands of yarn.  As I worked I would measure the edge, not the length I was working across.  When I had almost four feet from my hook to the point where I'd started, then I knew it was big enough, and I could start decreasing one stitch per row.


Image of Diagonal Pattern Baby Blanket

Courtesy of Lion Brand Yarn

Happy crafting,

Kathi

No comments:

Post a Comment