Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Mochimochi

As amigurumi is to crochet, so mochimochi is to knitting.  I put "mochimochi" in the search bar to see what it was exactly and all these pictures of tiny, tiny knitted things came up.  I found tiny knitted skyscrapers, bunnies, candy corn, and a couch.  All of them have eyes which give the little knitted things the look of awareness.

You have to use small knitting needles and a fine-ish yarn.  There are several free patterns on a few websites.  I couldn't find a picture that I believed was free to use, so you'll have to do your own search.

The library just ordered a book about these little creatures called Teeny-tiny Mochimochi: More Than 40 Itty-bitty Minis to Knit, Wear, and Give by Anna Hrachovec.  I can't tell you what day it will arrive, but please keep your eyes open for it.

Happy crafting,

Kathi Linz

No comments:

Post a Comment