Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Granny Stripes

Lately, I have noticed that granny squares are changing their shape.  I'm finding granny circles, granny triangles, granny circles inside a square, and straight-line grannies.  I found two examples of elongated granny triangles made into shawls.

The premise is pretty much the same - use your stash yarn, if you wish, or organize your colors into a set pattern. 

You can find patterns for these designs at the usual places ( Ravelry, crochetpatterncentral, etc.), but I've also found that, if I put "granny stripes" into Google images, I can click on a picture I like and find the pattern on someone's blog.  Many times, the patterns at www.Ravelry.com or www.crochetpatterncentral.com are linked to those same blogs.

What I like about granny patterns is that you can use any sized hook and any kind of yarn you want.  Once you establish a set pattern, the work falls off of the hook without hardly a thought.  You can do them anywhere, anytime.

Maybe one of these new styles will catch your fancy.  I have a couple of projects in mind now that the end of summer is in sight.

Happy crafting,

Kathi

No comments:

Post a Comment