Monday, September 21, 2009

Hypnotic

I'm working on a tube scarf. It will be double thickness when I am finished and as warm as can be. Let winter do its worst. The interesting thing is that it seems to be hypnotic. I don't have to count. I don't have to cut the yarn or stop at the end of a row and turn the work around. I just keep working stitches in a never-ending spiral. I think I like it. It is a great end of the day activity. I can organize my thought from the day or plan for tomorrow while keeping my hands busy. Put a stitch in the next space, put a stitch in the next space...Tomorrow I'll fix a chicken for supper...Put a stitch in the next space...
Try it sometime. Your project grows without having to concentrate on it and you get a lot of mind-work done as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment