Monday, September 28, 2009

New Muscles

I've finally gotten both crocheted baby blankets in the mail to my nephew and his wife. The second one was in a star pattern made from crocheted diamond shapes all sewn together. But my right arm will only crochet for so long before I have to switch to something else.
My knitting is limited to one channel - the All-Garter Stitch All The Time channel. I can increase and decrease. I can switch colors at the end of a row and in midstream as it were. But I have never mastered purling. Woe is me!
So I went to our new books, the knitting section, for inspiration. I found a wonderful book called "Quick Knits, Cool Projects" by Brenda Gallmeyer. I fell so in love with three or four of the patterns that I also grabbed Knitting for Dummies. I had no idea there were knitting needles size 17. Now that's fast knitting!
In the meantime, if you are a crocheter who likes to carry small work around with you and if you don't mind sewing the pieces together, you might like to check out the crocheted quilts at this website.
www.happyyellowhouse.com
Happy crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment